Aluminium gates have a wealth of benefits and are a great choice to opt for when deciding to install automated gates. Choosing aluminium gates will provide you with lightweight but strong gates that can be coated for added strength, which is guaranteed for up to 10 years.
It’s even possible for us to coat aluminium gates in a variety of colours or textured finishes to look as beautiful as wooden gates.
Aluminium is resistant to corrosion providing an extremely durable material that can look as good as new when simply wiped down with a damp cloth. Automated gates made of aluminium are safer and more economical due to less force being generated on the motor when the gates are operated.
- Lightweight but strong
- Styles that look like wood
- Doesn't rust
Less maintenance is required for aluminium gates, automated or manual, which means less expenditure on the upkeep of your gates compared with wooden, steel or iron gates over a period of time.
GateSmart offer a wealth of advice to make you aware of the benefits of aluminium gates versus other materials when deciding to install driveway gates to protect your property.
10 Reasons to Choose Aluminium
- Aluminium gates are much lighter than iron, steel and wood
- Aluminium gates do not rot like wood
- Aluminium does not flex, expand and contract or warp like wood
- Aluminium does not have a moisture content like wood
- Aluminium gates do not corrode like steel and iron
- Aluminium gates parts can be easily cut to shape
- Aluminium gates can be coated with a variety of finishes including wood-grain
- Aluminium is easily extruded to form the components of aluminium gates
- Aluminium gates can easily be assembled by bolting , bonding or welding
- Aluminium gates can be kept looking like new simply by wiping them down with a damp cloth